The UnFormal 2019
The UnFormal was a great success! We had 42 people in attendance. Thank you so much to those who were able to attend or donate!
We also moved $675 closer towards our $20,000 goal for the year. Quick financial breakdown of the event as we hope to continue to bring together the community.
- Ticket Sales & Donations: $1,925 each
- Food & Beverage Cost: $775
- DJ & Decorations Cost: $475
The UnFormal reunited teammates for a fun evening of catching up and reminiscing on old photos from the OSU Crew archives. We also got to hear a little bit more about what's going on within the community.
- BRAA President, Brandon Buyaki shared an update on the fundraising efforts of the BRAA and asked that we make an effort to cast a wider net, reaching out to alumni and supporters who may not be in the database.
- Rachel Bushman talked about the newly established Ohio Rowing Association and their goal of guiding the team towards long term success.
- Current team president, Jake Bridges, recognized the community for their support of the program and shared his excitement for a team with a new found resilience under Head Coach Andy Wimmer.
- Coach Andy shared his observations of a team that's ready to compete with any boat this spring and asked that the alumni support them along the way. We even celebrated Andy's birthday with a big birthday cake.
We look forward to seeing everyone again next year.
If you were unable to attend this year you can make a donation to the Buckeye Rowing Alumni Association, 100% of which will go towards supporting the Ohio State Crew team. Click HERE TO DONATE.
If you have questions, please contact Jason Yung via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.